Allergies

Fandom: Red vs Blue
Ship: Doc/Donut
Word Count: 366
Warnings: None
Note: This was a response to a headcanon posted on tumblr by purple-and-lightish-red.

"But look at his cute little face, Doc!" Donut pouted, holding the kitten up dangerously close to his nose.

"Donut, we can't keep it. I don't even know where you found it!"

"It followed me home," Donut repeated before moving along. "And that's not the point. Look at how lonely he is Doc!"

Donut held the cat out to Doc's face now. The medic back-pedaled so quick, he nearly stumbled over his own feet and into their mechanical scarecrow. He didn't know the severity of Donut's condition, but he was not subjecting himself to the puffy face and horrible nasal conditions that...adorable kitten would inflict.

"We're both allergic to cats!"

Donut's lip poked out and his eyes got really big and his voice did that thing that never ceased to turn Doc into a puddle of goo.

"I guess I can take him back to the caves. There's probably stuff for him to eat there," Donut whimpered a bit just in case the defeated, pathetic voice wasn't working. "Do cats eat bats?"

Doc bit his lip as Donut's posture started slumping, cat lowering, lip wibbling. And the kitten really was adorable. Doc had always wanted one as a kid. He looked from Donut's sad eyes to the kitten's. Oh no.

"I. I guess we could."

Donut perked up, holding the kitten closer to his own face again, a smile pulling at the corner of his lips. Oh no.

"Give me the kitten!"

Donut gleefully released the cat into Doc's hands and the medic hugged it close to his face, rubbing his cheek against the soft, orange fur. Donut's arms wrapped around him as he cuddled the kitten.

"I'll do all the work and take good care of him I promise!"

For the moment, Doc was so glad he'd given in. Kittens were more sweet and adorable and soft than he had imagined.

Within the next half hour, he sat in the shack, face puffed out, nose running while Donut played with the kitten on the floor. His giggles were interspersed with what at any other time Doc might describe as cute little sneezes. And now he knew the difference in the severity of their allergies.