The First Night

Fandom: Helluva Boss
Ship: Robo Fizz/Concord (OC)
Word Count: 1,531
Warnings: This story is generally sexual in nature. It also explores trauma and abuse, including sexual abuse and rape. This chapter does not yet explore any of these subjects but be aware it is an ever present theme. There is light sexual content.

Concord was relieved when they finally made it to his apartment. He shut the door behind him with a sigh and leaned against it. He hadn’t thought that through very well. He looked up as his impulse buy suddenly slammed a hand against the door, eyes glowing in the dark entryway as he moved in close. Fizzarolli eased to his knees as he got close enough for Concord to feel his hot breath on his cheek.

“Are you a g-giver or receiverrrr?” 

For a moment Concord couldn’t comprehend the question, but as the jester dragged his long tongue up his neck he caught on. 

“Oh, you mean sexually. I suppose I’d call myself a receiver primarily, but-” 

Before he could finish the thought, Fizzarolli flipped him around and pressed him up against the door. Concord was only mildly surprised and mostly disappointed in himself. He really should have seen this coming. Fizzarolli ran his hands down Concord’s sides to rest on his hips and gently nipped at his neck and shoulder with his sharp teeth. 

“That...that feels pretty nice,” he breathed. “But I think we need to have a conversation before we get to any of this.” 

Fizzarolli pressed his face against his shoulder and let his hands slide around his hips to work their way down. 

“I can multi-multitask.” 

Concord’s breathing became a bit shuddery as Fizzarolli’s fingers crept under the waistband of his pants. He was so close and so very warm for a machine. His mind went a bit fuzzy.

“Well….I really...can’t. Stop.” 

The jester stopped immediately and sat back enough for Concord to turn to face him. He could admit to being a little flustered but tried to give Fizzarolli a steady smile so he wouldn’t think he’d angered him. 

“Thank you. I just wanted to make sure we talked about things before you felt like you had to do anything like this for me.” 

Fizzarolli didn’t respond, so he went on. 

“I don’t want you to feel like this is necessary. You don’t owe me this. Do you understand?” 

Fizzarolli tilted his head once again, eyes distant and a bit vacant.

“I know this is what you’re used to. And if it makes you more comfortable, I certainly don’t mind. But I want to make sure it’s what you want. Before we do anything, I need you to consent, do you understand? ...Fizzarolli?” 

The jester stared at him blankly, intense green eyes glowing so eerily in the dim hall it seemed as if everything else went black. It took a moment before it hit him. 

“You may speak, Fizzarolli.” 

“I-i-I consent.” 

And with that, he was in motion again. Concord found himself on the floor now, sweater pushed up to his chin. Fizzarolli gazed up at him as he licked his way up his stomach, tongue slick with saliva now or something like it. Concord could feel a blush staining the white splotches beneath his eyes. 

“Okay, then. You uh...seem pretty enthusiastic. I guess this is okaAAy!”

Fizzarolli’s hands gripped his hips again and gave him a rough yank, pulling him closer. He was nearly doubled over him now, tongue snaking around his neck. Was that thing getting longer? He closed an eye as the tip came up to lick his cheek. Definitely getting longer.

Fizzarolli’s deft fingers worked the buttons on his pants, tongue retracting so he could smirk at him. Before the jester could start stripping him, Concord sat up suddenly and wrapped his arms around Fizzarolli’s neck as he captured his lips in a passionate kiss. He eased it into something more tender as his fingers caressed his neck. If they were doing this, he wanted to inject some softness into it where he could. His hand ran down to his shoulder as he pulled away. 

“We should take this to the bed.” 

Fizzarolli scooped him up easily, tossing him a bit as he stood and catching him in the cradle of his arms. Such a simple move sent thrills through Concord. He’d never had anyone this tall hold him before. He directed him to his room, heart racing. It had been quite a while since he’d been with anyone at all actually. And maybe he didn’t buy Fizzarolli for this reason, but it still excited him. 

Of course, he had to start overthinking it once there was a chance he’d enjoy it. What if he did buy him for this reason? Did he have ulterior motives? Maybe he should have asked if he’d been cleaned recently...or was that rude?

Fizzarolli deposited him on the bed, crawling over him with a deviously gleeful expression. Before Concord could start talking again the jester had descended on him, occupying his tongue with something far more pleasurable than getting in his own way. 

Concord’s overactive mind went fuzzy again. No more thinking now. Only the feeling of Fizzarolli’s fingers digging into his hips, the air on his bare skin, and the nearly palpable gaze of those bright eyes, taking in his every reaction.

As he lay there afterwards, breathing heavily, he found it all blurred together in his mind. He could only focus on the way his body pulsed with pleasure now that it was over. No wonder Personal Companions were so damn expensive. A finger ran down his chest and he looked over. Fizzarolli lay there on his side, propped up on an elbow, watching him with a smug look. 

“I wonder if your n-n-neighbors heard you sc-screaming my name.”  

Concord smiled. He looked so genuinely pleased with himself it warmed his heart. It stopped any further worries about his consent for the time being. This was clearly more comfortable and familiar for him. He turned to face him, mirroring his pose. 

“I guess they’ll have to get used to it.” He laced his fingers with Fizzarolli’s, looking down to see how they fit together. Such slender fingers that worked such wonders interlaced with his chubby little digits. “Thank you.”

Fizzarolli’s head tilted and Concord knew he’d never been thanked for his services before. Who would thank a sex toy for doing what it had been bought to do, after all? Fizzarolli’s fingers loosened in his grip and slid away. 

“Pleasure’s all mine!” he declared, putting the hand to his chest with a huge smile. 

But Concord had caught a moment of confusion and fear in his eyes before he’d recovered. He pressed himself close against his front and Fizzarolli’s arm went around him instinctually. 

“I want to call a mechanic to assess your injuries tomorrow. We should get cleaned up.” 

“I’ll thr-throw myself in the wash for you, ba-abe.” 

Concord shook his head, pressing the fronts of his horns against his chest in a gentle headbutt. 

“Let’s get clean together. Please?” 

Fizzarolli ran a hand over the curve of his horn as he looked up at him.

“Anything for-for you, baby.” 

He winked and Concord could feel the sickenly sweet falsity dripping from his words. But it was him the facade made uncomfortable, not Fizzarolli. He used it as a shield. Perhaps, he should leave him alone. But he didn’t like the idea of him going through the washing machine. It was so impersonal and objectifying. He wanted to take this chance to show him that he saw him as more than just a Personal Companion. 

But if that was what he wanted, in the end, it should be Fizzarolli’s choice.

“I’ll run some water. If you want to join me, you can. But you don’t have to. Please, do whatever makes you comfortable, Fizzarolli.” 

He slid off the bed and left the room without looking back. But he already missed the feeling of those long arms wrapping all the way around him and he shivered a bit. Did it really only take one romp in the sheets for him to start falling? Was he really that easy? To be fair to himself, that was a really good romp. And it had been a very long time. He ran a hand over the white splotches dotting his stomach. 

Maybe he had to admit that Fizarolli wasn’t the only one who could benefit from this arrangement.

Fizzarolli never joined him. It was a bit disappointing, but also exciting in its own right. It meant he’d decided to prioritize his comfort over Concord’s desires. That’s what he wanted most. It didn’t stop him from smiling when he returned to find Fizzarolli waiting for him.

“Would you like to sleep with me in the bed? There’s also the couch in the living room if you’d rather.”

By way of answer, Fizzarolli scooped him up once again and settled them in bed. Concord couldn’t stop smiling as he cuddled in close. Fizzarolli’s tunic smelled fresh and the warmth from his drying was nice. 

Christ, he was pathetic. Hiding his loneliness behind professional intrigue. Pretending he wanted a challenge when this was all he really wanted. Someone warm to hold him. Even if it had to be a Personal Companion. What kind of psychologist was he? 

“Goodnight, Fizzarolli.”

Soothing fingers brushed through his hair gently as he nodded off, his inner turmoil leading him into strange and confusing dreams.