For You

Fandom: Red vs Blue
Ship: Florida/Maine
Word Count: 219
Warnings: None
Note: Written in response to a post by tiny-security-mech over on tumblr after finding out that the voice actor for Florida is the lead singer of the Bare Naked Ladies.

Florida's fingers were gentle against Maine's skin as they ran over his scalp in a soothing motion. It was another night in the infirmary for observation. No other agent seemed to have such prolonged symptoms from AI installation, so they liked to keep him overnight during severe episodes. But Florida didn't mind keeping him company. Or being used as a pillow. Maine nuzzled his cheek against Florida's leg and a soft growl issued from his throat, almost a purr. Florida gave him a bright, affectionate smile.

"All right," he consented. "One more song."

I have set aside everything I love I have saved everything else for you

As he began to sing, Maine felt the pressure in his head ease. The sound of Florida's voice seemed to drown out all the thoughts that coursed through his mind like wild fire. It gave him something to concentrate on that made sense. Something he enjoyed focusing on.

I will give you all I could ever give Though it's less than you will need

Maine's eyelids grew heavy as sleep caught him off guard. He knew that Florida would just sleep sitting upright which was more relaxed than his usual sleeping habits anyways. Maine rolled over and reached up with one hand to guide Florida's lips to his own.

"Goodnight, papa bear."