Hand Wash Only

Fandom: Helluva Boss
Character: Robo Fizz
Word Count: 788
Warnings: Implied abuse mentioned.
Notes: This one also inspired a spin off story with a different version of these two.

“I’m m-m-machine washable, you know?” 

The imp in the tub with him just smiled as he scrubbed one of his long arms. Fizzarolli kept extending it as he moved up, snickering at the imp who continued without acknowledging the ridiculousness.

“I’m aware. I read the manual.” 

This was his first night with this new owner and he wasn’t sure the imp really knew how to use him to his full effect. He’d purchased him at a pawn shop. Fizzarolli wasn’t in the best of shape after his last owner - a higher status demon with a bit of a temper. His speech was filled with static and glitched occasionally. One of his arms had lost some of its dexterity and could no longer extend smoothly. And the tentacle mode no longer functioned at all, several components there having been forcefully removed. But that didn’t seem to bother this one. 

He’d wanted Fizzarolli to be the giver instead of the receiver which was a first for this particular unit. And no domination or dirty talk, either. A bit vanilla for Fizzarolli, but he wasn’t here to satisfy his own needs. He reeled his arm back in as the imp moved on to wash other parts of his body.

It felt kind of nice. He’d never really had a problem with the machine washing, but this was a softer experience. The imp’s hands were exceptionally gentle despite the fact that it was entirely unnecessary. Fizzarolli smiled and closed his eyes as the little guy moved around to wash his back. He wrapped his arms around his legs and rested his chin on his knees as he let himself enjoy it.

“I think you’re all clean now.” 

The imp ran his hand down his back then leaned forward and kissed his spine gently. Fizzarolli opened his eyes and turned to face him suddenly, cornering him against the back of the tub. He loomed over the smaller creature, green eyes bright as his good arm wound around him. His hand came up from the coiled limb to pinch his cheek. 

“Aren’t you a sweet litt-little imp? I bet you’re hiding one hell of a dark side.” 

The imp just smiled calmly as Fizzarolli stretched his cheek a bit.

“Not really. Does that disappoint you?”

“Oh, you can’t disap-p-ppoint me. I’m here to serve you , babe, remember?”

Fizzarolli’s arm unwound as he spoke and he booped him on the nose with a chuckle. His new owner leaned in towards his face with that steady smile as he pushed his hand aside. 

“I don’t mind reciprocating. What do you like?”

“Me?”

“Yeah.” The imp took his chin and gazed into his eyes. “I’d feel selfish if I didn't think about you, too.” 

Fizzarolli’s eyes moved to watch the thumb stroking his cheek. What an unfamiliar feeling, someone caring about him. He tilted his head, legitimately confused.

“It doesn’t matterrrr what I-i-I want.” 

“Okay. Let’s think about it this way for now. Does it matter what I want?”

“Of course.”

“What I want is to learn what it is you like and to give that to you.” 

“W-w-why?”

“It makes me happy to make others happy. I’m a therapist. We can be a bit unconventional that way.”

Fizzarolli gave the imp a devious grin as he managed to twist his torso around behind him, hands on his shoulders. As he spoke his voice went deeper, teeth grinding as the static increased in volume.

“And what if you don’t like what I want?”

The strange little imp seemed unmoved and simply gave a little shrug. 

“I’m willing to try most things. But I’ll trust you not to cross the lines I draw and I won’t cross yours. It’s something we can discover together.” 

Fizzarolli looked taken aback and snapped back to the rest of his body. The imp prepared to get out of the tub, pulling the plug and reaching for a towel.

“You can take some time to think about it if you need to. I know this is all a big change for you.” 

Fizzarolli took his hand with his good arm before he could get out. He almost looked embarrassed, eyes trained on the draining water. 

“I like re-receiving.” 

The imp turned and hugged Fizzarolli’s head to his chest. 

“I too can give and receive,” he said with an amused tone. 

Fizzarolli wrapped his arms around him in return. He’d decided to start with something simple and eventually ease into some of his rougher wants. He had doubts this gentle imp could really handle them, and, more importantly, he had doubts that this wasn’t some sort of trick. He’d play along, but no one cared what a Personal Companion wanted. Not really.