Here You Are Again

Fandom: 9
Characters: 7 and 2
Word Count: 275
Warnings: None

Here you are again, arms wrapped tightly around me, squeezing me, falling into me. It's been…how many years? I've lost my sense of time, but it seems an eternity since I stormed away in my anger: my anger at you. True, I ran because my tolerance of 1's tyranny finally ran out, but the anger I felt inside…that belonged to you. You were always standing up for that insufferable old man, always defending, rationalizing; always backing down when there was the slightest hint of a confrontation. How I seethed when you dissipated the raging arguments I worked so hard to start. They were meant to change things, meant to make 1 see reason, meant to better our living conditions. Why had you always stopped them?

And now, here you are again, arms wrapped tightly around me. Your face is the picture of bliss. How can I tell you how I felt then? I have forgiven you so easily of a grudge you knew nothing of, and I have forgotten why I even held it. You were – you are – everything that holds me together. In the beginning, it was your comfort I sought, it was your arms that held me, and it was your voice that soothed me. I had forgotten, when it came time I provide them for someone else, who had taught me such things in the first place.

So, here you are again, arms wrapped tightly around me. I can feel my insides quiver, and I know resistance is futile. My arms fall around you, and I smile. The anger is gone. I wonder, had it ever been there at all?