A Hot Mess

Fandom: Helluva Boss
Character: Robo Fizz
Word Count: 412
Warnings: None

“How did this happen?!”

Fizz shrugged his shoulders and made the most exaggerated face of innocence he was capable of as his owner pointed around the room. Furniture destroyed, curtains half ripped out of the wall, and every surface covered in paint and art supplies. Including Fizz. 

“Really, you have no idea?” 

“Don’t look at me, babe. I’m a victim here.” 

“Okay, go ahead, what happened? Give me the story.” 

Fizz leaned on their shoulder. 

“Okay, you’ll love this. So, here I am, looking for something to make for your birthday, right?”

“Aw, you don’t have to make me anything.” 

His owner’s face lit up at the thought.

“It’s more free sex coupons, I’ll be honest with you.” 

His owner sighed.

“Go on.” 

“So, here I am working on these great coupons, here you go.” He slipped the poorly drawn and paint splotched coupons into their hand without slowing down. “And I hear this buzzing sound.”

“Fizz, please don’t tell me-”

“It’s a fly. And he’s mocking me. This bastard flies right at my face.”

“You destroyed my craft room trying to kill a fly?”

“No, I destroyed your craft room killing a fly. He’s definitely de-” 

He cocked his head as the sound of buzzing interrupted him.

“Fizz, no!”

His owner grabbed onto him before he could tear off after the black dot zipping by them. He pulled half-heartedly against her grasp, gnashing his teeth in the general direction the fly had disappeared. They knew he could just leave them in the dust, but he let them hold him back. Probably for comedic effect if they were honest. 

“Come on, let’s get you cleaned up.” 

Fizz stopped his fake attempts at escape and grinned.

“Oh, well, since I have to go through the wash anyway.” 

He reached for one of the coupons he’d just shoved into their hand and made a show of taking it back, giving them a wink. 

“I am not rewarding you for destroying my craft room.”

“Aw, at least make the spin cycle worthwhile.” 

“No, go put yourself in the wash while I clean this up.”

They pointed to the door, tone strict, and Fizz sighed dramatically. He marched away but just as his owner let out a sigh and relaxed, his arm twisted its way back in. They watched it deposit the coupon back into their hand before disappearing again. 

“God dammit why did I buy him?” 

“You love me!” he called from down the hall.