This Year, I'm Yours

Fandom: Batman the Animated Series
Ship: Harley/Ivy
Word Count: 438
Warnings: None

Ivy sat reading the paper in the Arkham rec room when a loud, exaggerated sigh broke her concentration. Again. The newspaper crumpled in her hands as she turned to shoot daggers at Harley. She was hanging upside down on the couch beside her, hugging a picture of the Joker against her chest.

"Will you cut that out?"

"But it's Valentine's Day, and I miss my puddin'."

"Oh, please, Harl. The man's a lunatic."

Ivy ignored the big, sad eyes that Harley turned on her. She had no sympathy for the harlequin in these matters. She never had, and she never would. Harley should have caught onto that long ago.

"What were your date plans? A little moonlit gassing of the bat?"

Ivy smirked and started to straighten her paper out. Harley's face hardened slowly, but she sat up abruptly, drawing a startled look from Ivy.

"You're just jealous, Red!" Harley cried, clutching the picture so hard to her chest the frame creaked.

Ivy rolled her eyes.

"Please, Harley. I don't need a man to validate my worth any day of the year."

"No," Harley snapped. Her face was set into a serious but calm rage. "Not of me. You're jealous of Mr. J."

"Excuse me?" The paper lowered. Ivy's eyes turned sharp and cutting.

"You heard me, Red. You're. Jealous."

Fast as a batarang, Ivy's hand was gripping Harley's pigtail. She pulled her head down and forward until their foreheads touched. That violent green glare was drilling into Harley's blue eyes like plants sucking all the water out of a pot. Harley's face fell into a sheepish expression tinted with fear - not an unusual look for either of her lovers to cause.

"Well, you are," she added weakly.

Ivy's lip curled and she made a sound of disgust as she pushed the blond away roughly. It just wasn't worth fighting over. She snapped her paper open and turned slightly away from Harley. Ivy ignored the other woman as she fidgeted and then gradually scooted across the couch to sit next to her. Harley's leg touched Ivy's, but it didn't draw a reaction.

"Aw, Pam, you know holidays in the big house make me cranky."

Ivy calmly turned a page, barely glancing at Harley out of the corner of her eye.

"Hey, I know what'll cheer ya up!"

Ivy started to turn, prepared to fight off whatever annoying idea of an apology Harley had in mind. But as she put her arms up, Harley slipped between them and planted a kiss on her lips. Ivy's arms fell around her just as the kiss ended, a smile left behind.